Bringing Character to Life
Drama by George helps schools grow students with compassion and character through the power of dramatic storytelling.
Success by the Numbers
- We measure success in student lives changed. Since 2007, we’ve served over 78,000 students across the Kentuckiana region.
- We’ve delivered 575 performances, 300 one-session workshops, 109 after-school drama clubs, 47 school-break day camps, and 29 conference and professional development sessions.
- From 2012-15, we offered Be the Hero, a touring performance for elementary schools. Our costumed superheroes challenged 14,000 students in 70 performances to stop bullying. 97% of teachers said the program complimented their curriculum, and 94% would recommend it to fellow educators.
- From 2014-16, Kylie for President was our flagship touring play. We empowered 10,500 students in 45 performances to make wise choices. 100% of teachers said that our play complimented their curriculum, and 95% would recommend the program to fellow educators.
- Since 2016, we’ve performed The Grit Game Show, an interactive assembly about achievement and resilience, for 13,000 students in 58 performances. 95% of teachers would recommend us to a colleague.
- Stop Bullies is a bullying prevention talk that draws on the real-life experiences of a bullying survivor to impact teens. Speaker George Halitzka has presented the program 98 times for over 10,500 students. In a student survey, 94% of middle schoolers rated the presentation as “excellent” or “good.”
Current Classroom Programs
- Our after-school drama clubs have empowered over 1350 students to rehearse and perform a short play in just 8 weekly sessions! We’ve produced a total of 99 plays at 16 schools. According to a parent survey, 93% of parents feel that their children both enjoyed and benefited from drama club. 89% would recommend our program to other families.
- Real Life Drama workshops use role-playing to teach conflict resolution skills to at-risk teens. For participating students at one Louisville high school, disciplinary referrals decreased by 17% while GPA increased 14%!
- Our original play scripts have been licensed more than 300 times since 2013 by schools and organizations around the world.
What Educators Are Saying
- In addition to statistics, we’ve also collected many educator testimonials and endorsements over the years. Check out the individual program pages (like this one) or review a summary here.
To keep this page as concise as possible, we’ve included only a small sample of our program data. The data on this page represents estimates which are current as of May 31, 2018. For more information or to inquire about how we collect and analyze data, please contact us.