Father’s Gift, The
The story of Father Damien, the Leper Priest.
Father Damien was a real Catholic priest who ministered in a notorious nineteenth-century Hawaiian leper colony. He contracted the fatal disease himself, but not before he inspired millions around the world with his self-giving love. The Father’s Gift highlights the remarkable life and sacrificial death of a genuine Christian hero. Father Damien was recently recognized as a saint by the Roman Catholic Church.
- View a video clip and photographs from the original production here.
- Themes: Christmas, Compassion, Incarnation, Suffering
- Recommended for: Church Audiences (Worship Services)
- Genre: Drama
- Length: 35 minutes (or see all scripts lasting 21-90 minutes/ one-act play)
- Cast: 9 males, 4 females, 2 either gender (or see all scripts with More than 10 actors)